Saturday, September 14, 2013

Endometrin suppositories, Transfer time and birth control


The nurse called today with my 3 day transfer time of 11am. They will call me in the morning if we cancel for a 5 day. She kept saying that she could 'make no promises but there is a strong likelihood the 3 day would be canceled' and we would go in on Tuesday.

Today has been better physically but I am definitely not 100%. I am less sore but still really bloated and get sudden sharp pains at times. I find it funny that growing 20 eggs was not that big of a deal but apparently getting them out is a huge deal! My heating pad and I are good friends. The nurse said it was fine until transfer thankfully. I must say I miss my baths though :(
My boobs/nipples are thankfully not as sore as they have been. Today is the first day I don't feel like kicking puppies when I accidentally brush against something. And showering wasn't painful. I wonder though if it's going to come back because of the Endometrin suppositories. 
So keeping it real I did have constipation up until today like I had read in many blogs. I am sure that hasn't helped the bloating! Colace and prune juice did nothing! I am still suffering but it's not as bad thankfully. I am prone to it anyway and the lack of exercise doesn't help matters. I am however still very hydrated!
I have been getting dizzy when I turn my head quickly. I kept thinking it was nothing but it's happened quite a few times today. I assume its one of the medication but no idea which- progesterone? I hope I get used to it. Speaking of... Bought panty liners tonight. I have never bought them or wore them ever. Is that weird? Anyway, are they made for Barbie? WTH? Those things are SO small! I am not a big girl but those seem so tiny! I decided on "extra coverage" which made it a small pad. Seriously baffling to me! And thong liners? Ummm ok. LOL! I am hoping I can find some cloth liners... I have some pads but I need something smaller for this. Going to have to shop around.
So the Endometrin suppositories is messy. More so than the other progesterone supplement I was on for the IUIs (I am taking it more often obviously so that makes it worse). It's more of a chalky pill than the waxy pill the other supplement was. i didn't need liners with the other but I took it a lot less. But in the shower I found the waxy bothered me. I think i will be fine with the Endometrin suppositories but I am sure it will get super annoying 3x a day for week. Worth it though!

I am still reading a ton of blogs... But lately I am not sure it's helping. Lots of IVF BFN and reading about the woman who selectively reduced her triplets to a singleton hurt my heart. I am hoping I find more uplifting ones again.
it doesn't help I am hormonal now. I wasn't with the stims but I am now. I have been snippy and more emotional but not horribly so. I know when it gets bad when i am convinced everyone is rude, narcissistic and staring at me the wrong way! LOL! We are not there yet :p

Been doing a ton of thinking on after this whole thing is done... I can't do all this again. I have spent around 6 years of my life TTC. And while I know women who have spent that much for one baby, I could not do it. Pretty much 5 of those years I spent TTCMA. I am not sure of my exact numbers but it's something like 17 IUIs, 16 rounds of clomid/femara, 6 rounds of injectable meds (not counting IVF) and so on. That can;t be good for my body and I KNOW it has not been good for my mind. While TTC each time my life feels on hold. Depression take a firm hold and I feel like my mental health is set back each time. My kids suffer and a immerse myself in the process no matter how hard I try not to. And then add miscarriages? Each time I have TTC there has been at least one.
So while I am not 100% I am done having kids, I am sure I am done TTC. If we have frozen babies I would go that route and perhaps consider IVF, but no more TTC naturally or with IUIs.
I was considering a tubal but my ladies told me that my hormones could be affected and that is the last thing I need. So I am talking to DH about getting a vasectomy. He doesn't seem thrilled with the idea but agreed so far ;) He knows I am crazy and something needs to be done. I feel like this would give me some sense of control and that is something I feel like I have been sorely missing. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been feeling so poorly. If I feel the way I do at almost two years I can't imagine what six years would do to a person. I hope whatever you decide going forward brings you the peace you so deserve.

    ReplyDelete