I was OUT when they gave me something in my IV. I used to fight that stuff because I was afraid I would wake up in the middle of surgery so I wanted to make sure I got the gas too on the table! LOL!
Instead I want less sedation if I could help it!
I spoke with the Anesthesiologist the night before and told him about my vomiting issues and felt he actually listened! yay! When he came in and was doing my IV he said he mixed the recipe up to help prevent nausea and also said he would do
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) on the nerve line acupressure uses to help with nasea. He also gave me a Scopolaminepatch behind my ear before we started. I was just happy he was trying things!
So how did it go??? OMG not only was I not at all nauseous I was HUNGRY after surgery. That has NEVER happened! I didn;t even have to sip my drink! It was fantastic and I am in love with the Anesthesiologist now! I want him at my next birth!
I am dizzy from the patch still.. I am afraid to take it off so it's still on and I can leave in on for up to 3 days but will pull it tomorrow.
I am just SO happy!
I don't remember being wheeled out of the pre-op room. I woke up in recovery and had a hard time waking up fully. I HATE that feeling and I am a people pleaser so I REALLY try and wake up as quick as I can. *shivers* hate hate hate that feeling!BUT the gown they have is AMAZING! The 3M™ Bair Paws™ System
I didn't understand when I put on the gown WTH it was and it looked weird. So in recovery they basically hooked your gown up with a hose full of warm air! OMG heaven! No shakes after surgery and I was WARM! The nurse kept asking me if I was getting too hot... I tol d him I as part lizard and would take the thing home if I could! Amazing! I felt like a warm Stay Puft Marshmallow Man :D
It was the first time I had a surgery at this hospital and it was good! This is where I will deliver when I finally get pregnant and will have a planned c/s so it was a nice preview!
So I am dizzy, tierd and cramping but all in all don't feel like I had surgery :)
A++ for El Camino Hospital :)

No comments:
Post a Comment