I have decided should I ever be chased by a dinosaur or wild animals, I won't run from them. Instead I will lay calmly AND GET IT OVER WITH.
When I get anxious for/about something, the inner man child comes out and I decide to do stupid things. Thats how I got into roller derby and fencing.
Today was one of those days. Man child decided to try barefoot running, again. But this time instead of the mostly smoother asphalt and concrete, Man child thought she could handle the rural areas near her home covered in pebbles and dried grass (thorns).
Man child was wrong.
I think I gave up about 2 miles in... But couldn't get a hold of anyone to save me so I continued for about 3.5 miles. And the slower I would go (hoping to avoid the jagged rocks) the more it would hurt. Then I would give in and walk on the dried out "grass" and pray for no more thorn. All the while two things continued to cross my mind-
One, I would SUCK in prehistoric days and even then some were smart enough to cover their feet with hide and not been as foolish as Man Child.
Two, I was trying to figure out how to turn this zen. Maybe somehow a way of looking at the TTCMA battle or how painful it can be? Blah blah blah. Instead I would always go back to the dinosaurs or wonder what people were thinking of the stupid chick who forgot her shoes.
Oh and I got my AMH back- 2.20 so I am good to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment