Saturday, November 16, 2013
Almost FET time!
I have been horrible about updating... Not sure why but I want to read something deep into it. But i will spare you my self reflection and just say I wasn't feeling it! LOL!
So I have been on my drugs and it's been interesting.
Let me backup... I try to write this blog for 3 reasons.
1) It journal this journey for myself and my family
2) To process all this stuff that goes hand in hand with TTC and especially IVF
3) To maybe help someone now, or years from now since I plan on leaving this journal up. While 1 & 2 are my priorites, I try and write about things I wanted to know when I was first starting this journey. So at times I will write about things only for that reason.
This brings me back to meds!
You can check out my calendar to see when I took each medication.
Did BCP again. and again I hated them. Now that I have done a bunch of medications between my injection cycle with DS2, the IVF and now FET, I can say that I hate BCP the most. How weird is that?? I have never been on BCP so had no idea what to expect. But doing it for 2 months before the fresh cycle and now a month before this one? I know they are not for me. Maybe it's just this type? I was so on edge and hormonal. It felt like I was PMSing all the time. And my face, oh my poor face! I broke out so badly! I always have some acne but my face looked horrible. I probably had 50 pimples all over my face and it was hurting :/ Got off BCP and within 2 weeks I was back to my normal 5-10 pmiples and much less edgey. So weird.
Lurpon- Oh how I feared Lupron! But ironically it didn;t seem to effect me. It was an easy stick and didn't burn much going in. Left some bruising but not bad. I did those myself (I do all my own SQ).
Medrol- (is a steroid hormone commonly used in IVF cycles. While the actual benefit of Medrol has not been established, it may help prevent the body from rejecting the transferred embryos. *) I took this again, and again it is the nastiess medication I have ever taken! It leave a horrible after taste that is hard to get rid of! YUCK!!! I stop those tonight thankfully :)
Estradiol- I am taking more this cycle than I did last time for the fresh cycle. At first my body kind of freaked out a bit- felt hormonal and pumped with drugs. Luckily that didn;t last and I guess my body got used to it?
Prometrium- I took this with all my IUI cycles but not this much. I am taking it 3x a day and I admit that middle dose is a PITA for me to remember. I set an alarm but I often will snooze it til I get a chance to go to the restroom (often I am not home) and then I forget. I think after the transfer I will remember it easier. It has been messy and taking 3 a day has been really messy. Worth it in the end ;)
Progesterone- I was super nervous about this one because it's IM and DH would be injecting me. I trust DH (he preps my SQ injections) but I am a control freak. The first night was funny. Poor DH was SO nervous. It was kinda cute actually :D LOL! He injected me and then realized he forgot to get the air out so he had to re-poke me :p LOL!
So my biggest fear with PIO was the stories about knots and pain. The first night went well and I was hoping maybe I could escape that fate... But nope. I have knots and my ass hurts. I have tried some of the tricks but nothing is working yet. I heat the oil up before hand and use a heating pad. I rub the injection spot but maybe not for long enough? It was suggested I rub longer so I tried that last night. So far it sees to be working. We will see!
The PIO are a pain in the ass- pun intended! BUT will be worth it for our baby <3
So much more I wanted to write- like about my appointment this week- but I will have to later tonight!
Labels:
FET,
Frozen Embryo Transfer,
IVF for dummies,
medications
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment