Sunday, August 25, 2013

Eye of newt, and toe of frog


There are so many tips and tricks regarding IVF it makes me head spin! I am trying to wade through it all and figure out what I want (or am willing) to do.
I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies- duh! But somewhere says cooked not fresh. Too late *rolleyes* I have read, "Think nourishing foods like soups and stews, porridge for breakfast." Goes along with not drinking anything cold which is near impossible for me to do! I actually won't start that until I start my meds Saturday. I need to eat more good fats like avocados and olive oil. 
Also eating pineapple core seems common knowledge. Part of me wants to just take Bromelain since that's what you are trying to get out it but I am not messing with supplements in the 2ww. I do however love the dried baby pineapple at traderjoes that has the core still on it!
Obviously drinking lot of water... lemon water not cold *sigh*
After retrieval lots of fluid (some say Gatorade but I am thinking Smart Water since it seems "cleaner" to me and has electrolytes) but also lots of protein. I plan on eating organic eggs and using my protein powder since I am vegetarian.
I guess ER tends to make people constipated (well the meds) so stool softeners are apparently helpful. I need to pick up some Tylenol since I don't own any (because it works like shit). I know it won't touch the pain but maybe it will make me feel better emotionally :p
So along with warm drinks I should keep my feet warm. I have a pair of booties with the microwaveable sacks I plan on living in since I have cold feet. I am like a lizard... Cold blooded. But I think acupuncture is finally working as I haven't been near as cold in the last couple weeks! Yay!

Currently I am trying to be zen... I swear if you can OD on lavender essential oil, I will! I bought a couple of calming and sleep blends too. I got the COOLEST machine Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
- ZAQ Allay LiteMist Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
It is AMAZING! Works right away, shuts off on it's own and WORKS SO WELL! This is the coolest little thing ever! I hate smokey incense and hate dealing with flame for a water diffusers so this is perfect for me! I want like 3 more for other rooms in my house! It's also amusing to watch! LOL!
I also bought myself DreamTime Inner Peace Eye Pillow, hoping for inner peace :p
Bubble Bath Lavender and Chamomile
I am LOVING Dr. Teal's Epsom Salt Soaking Solution It's supposed to detoxify so i am only using it for a little longer and stopping when i stop my BCP and start the cycle (Thursday I think).
I thought this would be fabulous for bloating and for after ER (egg retrieval) Flexible Moist/Dry Auto-Off Heating Pad
Speaking of relaxation, like I said I am doing acupuncture and have been for months. I have also been doing guided meditation. Also listening to relaxation music which has been interesting... Some really reminds me of music they play when the victim is about to be attacked LOL! Spooky stuff! New-age zen is apparently not for me :p I will stick with 80s relaxation music :p

I am trying to find some comedies to watch since laughter after ER is supposed to be a good thing... Problems is I have no sense of humor according to many people. Not true! I just hate potty humor (not offend- it's just lame and easy) and now-a-days it's all stupid pick your nose crap out there. So the hunt is still on to make me laugh :p

Honestly I read something about your state of mind being the most important key as to whether or not the IVF will work and I firmly believe that. So i am trying to get things done this week and set things up so all I am focused on is NOT stressing. And honestly I am feeling really good now thankfully :)
Just so happens we have a girls night out on Saturday- I start meds that day. They all know what is going on so i can bring my meds in a cooler or run home. We are doing pedicures and then heading to my sisters for pizza and ice cream. Not sure about the crappy food but good friends is a good thing :)





No comments:

Post a Comment