Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Reproductive massage therapy
So yesterday I finally did reproductive massage therapy! I went to Nurture Acupuncture and ad a really good experience.
I met with the Dr. who really seemed to know his stuff. He made a lot of suggestions (some I knew- avoid cold food/drinks) and some I didn't (different veggies to avoid). He also told me to get off Maca which I was only taking because I had some left :p I told him I wanted to stick with my acupuncturist and he was totally fine with that.
I then went to the treatment room where I met Crystal. I freaking loved her! She gave me tons of advice also while doing the massage.
So the massage... Well I wasn't expecting a pleasant experience and sure enough I was right! LOL! She warned me that it can be very uncomfortable and to let her know if she needed to ease up. She started with something I had seem online regarding this where the main artery is pushed and held and then released. I think i remember that this flushes the organs.Anyway, she continued with her elbow and HOLY HELL it hurt and she had to ease up on me (and I have one hellva pain tolerance!!). You know when something gets so painful you get hot flashes? Ya that! But I didn't feel forced or trapped and she really responded to me and my body. She warned me that that part was the most painful and the rest is not and she as right. he massaged the rest of my abdomen and and focused a lot on the bellybutton. It was what i was thinking- breaking up at scar tissue, easing up the muscles, lifting the uterus. She said everything felt good in the area and that the only thing is my diaphragm seemed tight and I should work on breathing and stress. She said I responded well. i said I was willing to come weekly til transfer but she said that it wasn't really needed in my case in her opinion. So instead I will see her when I get AF and then a couple days before transfer.
She is also an acupuncturist and was totally fine that I wasn't coming there for acupuncture. She even encouraged me to continue with my current place.
Oh and interesting- She works with stroke patients at the hospital I normally go to for general care. I thought that was fabulous!
All in all I am so glad I did it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment