My sissy had her little boy after a long labor. I was her birth coach so it was a long week!
I was up for days and it was tough because Oct 5th was his birthday and my m/c EDD was 10/6. I thought for sure I would be pregnant by now. Anyway...
He is beautiful! I know most babies are adorable and sweet but this little one has such a calm demeanor and is so sweet! He only cries when his diaper is being changed or when he is naked! LOL! Other than that, nothing!! I stay nights with them since his daddy is NOT a night person and my sister has severe anxiety and can;t sleep. He is in my arms right now and I finally figured out how to use the computer AND watch him LOL! But I will admit I am home for the first time and my couch helps ;) My sister felt badly that I haven;t been home at night in many nights so she packed up and headed here for the night. She is a cow when it comes to milk and nursing so she pumped a bottle for the first time for tonight. I am hoping she can get more than 3 hours sleep tonight! I am not sure she will be able to to tho... She wakes to feed him before I even come and get her. I was the same way with my kids. So I will give him his first bottle. I am a BFing mom so I am nervous as I have never done this. But he is so easy I am sure it will be fine. And I am honestly not worried about nipple confusion with him (I was with mine).
My sister did the same for me- whatever I needed after birthing. We take care of each other <3 But must add her new husband is wonderful! With her other son I felt bad leaving in the morning because her husband then did little to nothing! This time around I am not worried. He is a sweet guy and so happy! He goes back to work next week though ;( I hope she does ok without him because I can;t do nights AND days next week. i have too much on my plate.
My hormones are SO out of whack! Since his birth I have been bleeding on an off. And my boobs hurt like milk is coming in! eek! I have an u/s next week and start lurpon so hopefully things will work itself out. I also will be leaving on vacation on the 20th so not holding him all night should help. I planned a last minute Disneyland trip after the IVF failed. It was all I could do to pull myself out of depression. And I still haven't broke the news to my boys that things will be taking longer. I told them I would know by Halloween and hoped it would be happy news. They don't know or understand the details of IVF but know we have been seeing "the Doctor" for help getting pregnant. I probably shouldn't have said anything to them but I was sure it would work :(
I am thinking of telling them during vacation that now we will know by Christmas if it worked. This is uncharted territory right now. I am sad for the boys and don't know what is the right or wrong thing to do regarding them. they just want another sibling and have for years now :/
I should probably end this. Sleep deprivation isn't helping me compose this post! LOL! I feel pretty stupid silly right now ;)
Happy Birthday James! Aunty loves you!!

Aww congratulations!!!!
ReplyDelete