Saturday, April 20, 2013

Today's appointment- mid cycle scan

We had a CD12 scan today and I was kind of hopeful maybe we had a really good response to the Femara.
We had to go up to the main clinic and met with a random Dr I had an IUI with. I think it was the one with the m/c but I am losing track of these random doctors. She is really nice, I do remember that.
Anyway, she was measuring my lining which was really good- I think 11mm? Thickest it has been on a scan. And she asked if I had heavy periods or spotted a lot. I told her I do have heavy AF and spot a while after AF but not in between. She said she thinks I may have a endometrial polyp. Great, just what i wanted to hear. I think she measured it at 7mm or something. I don't know. I was just frustrated at that point with the universe.
she measured the follicles and I only had two. I sound like a spoiled brat I know. But after responding so crazy to clomid and with DH's recent SA results, I was hoping for 4 to help our chances. They were huge too and she thinks they might be already releasing. Wonderful. We haven't DTD because of DH's SA I wanted to save up 5 days worth. Now I am wondering if there is a point. I am doing the HCG tonight at 2am I think since our apt isn't until monday at 2:30pm. My cervix and OPKs say I am not yet ovulating altho I haven't done any today, just yesterday.
I just wanted this to go smoothly. I don't want anymore bad news or questions.
We left bummed and quiet. Talked about IVF again on the hour long drive home.
I love DH. I truly feel he is my soul-mate. But I feel like when it comes to making decisions, I am alone. And I don't like that. He has opinions but I always seem to have to pull the trigger.And in his defense he is as mixed and torn as I am.
I think we are both waiting until Monday. So much going on Monday! 11am I have a phone consult with the IVF clinic to talk numbers and what if anything my insurances covers. 2:30pm we have the IUI and then at 4pm we meet with the UR.
We set the phone consult up when we met with them earlier this month. Most of the consult was covered and that shocked me. I think of the $250fee we paid $50! And they seems to work really well and figuring out if anything is covered. They are going to check medication, IUI and IVF coverage and fees. I am hoping we get some good news. I have heard medications might be covered and that is what our insurance letter said from them. That could save us a bit of money and then maybe put that to ICSI?
I actually get to see my Dr on Monday. I cannot remember when I saw her last. we email so it's not like I am completely out of touch. My cycle seems to be running late week and thats exactly when she isn't in so it's just worked out that way. I am hoping she will have some insight on the endometrial polyp. 

I wish the appointments were in reverse order because I am holding out a lot of hope the UR will hold some insight for us. He is highly regarded in the area and said to be one of the best. I want to know what he thinks of our chances and what he suggests. I already know that he won;t recommend supplements- everyone he asked about DH was already on and has been on since Oct. They did the u/s on him and bloodwork. So unless clomid is a route (and I am thinking its not for his issue), we are done with the diagnostic part of it and hopefully we can just get some facts and opinions from him for treatment to get pregnant.

I wasted today away pouting and that just makes me more angry but this time at myself. It was a BEAUTIFUL day too. 85* degrees and warm. I wore a dress to the clinic because I wasn't freezing for once. I wanted to exercise or at the very least garden. Instead I slept and then moped. blah! I hate this. I hate this feeling and I hate letting myself get so wrapped up into it. THIS is what I hate about IF. THIS is why i just want to do the IVF and hopefully get pregnant and stop standing idle!

No comments:

Post a Comment